There are lots of silly terms that we couponers use when we talk about our deals and our Q's (coupons).
Here is a list of some of what I find to be the most helpful. Some of these terms come right from one of my favorite user forums www.afullcup.com
and others you just learn as you go, or make them up!
- AC = After Coupons
- BC = Before Coupons
- B2G1 = Buy Two Get One Free
- Blinkie = Coupon that a little machine near a product spits out in the store.
- BOGO (or B1G1) = Buy One Get One Free
- CAT = Catalina. Coupons that print from the little machine at the register.
- CLIPPER=What I call the occasional couponer.
- COUPONER= The term commonly used for those of us who use coupons
- CRT = Cash Register Tape, aka, your receipt.
- CUTTER=What I call the experienced couponer.
- CVS “BOYFRIEND”= This is the price scanner at CVS stores.
- ECB = Extra Care Buck. This is a coupon from CVS--it can be used just like cash at CVS
- FAR = Free After Rebate
- GC = Gift Card
- IP = Internet Printable Coupon
- IVC = Instant Value Coupon. This is a coupon from Walgreens.
- MFR = Manufacturer
- MIR = Mail In Rebate
- MM = Money Maker
- MQ = Manufacturer Coupon
- ONYO = On Your Next Order
- OOP = Out of Pocket. The amount of money you spend
- Peelie = This is a coupon found on the package of a product that you have to peel off
- P&G = Proctor and Gamble Coupon insert that comes in your local paper.
- POP = Proof of purchase, like a UPC.
- Q = Coupon
- Rain Check = When your store is out of a sale item you would ask for a raincheck to secure the sale price for when the item is back in stock.
- RP = Redplum. This is a coupon insert that comes in your local paper.
- RR = Register Rewards. This is a Walgreens catalina type coupon
- SLICER=What I call a beginner couponer
- SS = Smartsource. This is a coupon insert that comes in your local paper.
- SP = Stockpile
- Tearpad = A pad of coupons or rebates near a product you can tear off.
- TQ = Target Coupon
- UPC = Bar Code of an Item
- WAGS = Walgreens
- WINE TAG/HANG TAG = Coupon found around the neck of a bottle.
- WYB=When You Buy. A coupon that is good for xx when you buy xx.
- YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary – This means that it may depend on your store/prices as to whether or not you will have the same OOP for a deal.
I'm reading: BOGO..What Does All This Coupon Lingo Mean?Tweet this!
Labels: Coupon Lingo